Your block has an allocated caretaker who will be carrying out a variation of tasks within the communal areas to ensure the standard of living is kept to that which is expected.
Below are some of the services the caretaking team carry out at least once a week but not limited to. More information on these services can be found at www.chobhamlife.co.uk/estate-management or on the noticeboard.
- Vacuuming of internal communal areas
- Cleaning of handrails, glass and door handles
- Removing marks from walls
- Sweep and mop all lobby hard surface areas and walkways
- Cleaning of all bin areas (caretakers do not clean the actual bins)
- Re-arranging excess recycle waste
- Carrying out minor repairs where identified. (minor repairs reference can be found in the glossary of terms)
- Grounds Maintenance (see page 9 for more details)
Caretaking supervisor, property manager and caretakers work collaboratively to ensure the development is of a high standard.
In conjunction with the cleaning, the caretakers will also be thoroughly checking for faults, security risks and/or health and safety risks by checking the following assets. Caretakers are also vigilant in reporting complex/severe issues to management to action.
- Front entrance door is locking and unlocking as intended
- Emergency push plates are not activated (more information can be found in FAQ section)
- Door handles secure and not broken
- Stair treads have not become loose
- Handrails are firmly attached to the frame
- Cleaning external tank rooms and bike stores
Caretaker Minor Repairs
Caretakers have an array of equipment to allow them to carry out day to day repairs where identified. Below are some of the repairs you can expect them to complete (subject to approval by supervisor).
- Light fittings
- Light casing
- Loose stair tread
- Door closure adjustments
- Tightening of screws on doors
- Filling in holes in walls using recommended filler
- Replacement of broken door stops
The development is a large one and therefore needs detailed and consistent maintenance daily. The caretaking team carry out the following tasks:
- Litter picking
- Weed spraying
- Pet foul disposal
- Estate bin bag replenishment
- Cleaning of playground areas
- Leaf blowing
- Prune shrubs & trim hedges
- Maintenance of Chobham Manor floral and greenery
A full list of their daily and seasonal tasks can be found on the Chobham Life website
L&Q are committed to delivering high quality site services at Chobham Manor.
Household rubbish is collected every Tuesday and household recycling is collected every Thursday by the Newham council. If you find missed collection, please bring this immediately to Newham councils attention by reporting it on their website and by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference number provided by Newham council so that we can resolve this as soon as possible.
If you have any queries regarding your household waste or recycling collection, please visit Newham Council website here